Monday, July 28, 2008

A Quick Update

Thomas recognizes that Ruthann is a person. Yesterday, he was imitating the way she was chomping on her finger. He also likes to grab her nose (something he also does to Curtis and I, apparently noses are funny). Unfortunately, he also likes to poke her in the eye to watch her wince (wincing is also apparently funny). We're trying to discourage that one.

She's still not sleeping through the night, but at least she's now sleeping in the night, so conditions are improving.

We had Ruthann baptized last Sunday (the 20th), but I only got 3 pics with my camera, none of which were very good. Once Ruthann's godmother posts some of the pictures taken with her awesome cameras, I'll link to them. Ruthann didn't cry at all, and just looked kind of confused as the water was poured on her head.

I had my 6-week post-partum checkup today and got a clear bill of health. I'm also back to around the weight I was when I got pregnant with Thomas. So now's the time to lose that 15 lbs that's keeping me from wearing my favorite winter skirts. I'm not the only one in a health-conscious mood. Curtis is checking out gyms. Today he's starting Bally's free trial period to see if he likes it. We should be lean, mean, baby-wrangling machines by Christmas if this keeps up.

No comments: